Thursday, December 1 SAAC-MCR General Meeting Special Guest – Giuliano Zucatto, sculptor on the original 1964 1/2 Mustang working along side chief designer Gale Halderman, makes a return visit to our club – this time bringing an audio-visual presentation of his career in automotive design.
- Background: Guest Speaker’s Earlier Visit
- A video primer: Giuliano Zucatto – a brief video biography
Thursday, November 3 SAAC-MCR General Meeting – Club Officers Nominations Bring your nominations, or self nominate a fellow club member. Open positions include: President, Vice President, & Secretary. Nominations for incumbent positions welcomed too!
NOTE: COLOR TOUR DATE DELAYED ONE WEEK DUE TO DELAY IN COLOR CHANGE CAUSED BY GLOBAL WARMING, & TO INCLUDE A Mike Nyberg COMING OUT PARTY (coming out driving again, that is)! Early time should allow us to avoid mid-afternoon U of M Football traffic.
- Saturday, October 22 SAAC-MCR Fall Color Tour in the Pinckney State Recreation Area vicinity. (Sunday, October 23 rain date; October 29 -30 rain weekend. if needed)
- Meet at 10:30AM at Park & Ride lot at M36 exit off US23. (Exit 54 or 54B, depending on what direction your coming on US 23.)
- We will then do an approximately 20 minute pre-cruise to this years homebase – Iverness Inn, for a drivers meeting to explain this years route, & kick-off for the first loop of the cruise, at approximately 11:00AM.
- This years cruise basically doubles in length & time last years loop, & will be more of a traditional cruise, rather than last years “test loop”. The new rout includes about 75% of last years route, to take advantage of that experience, & expand upon it! New loop will take approximately 40 minutes at posted speeds.
- Lunch will then be about noon, upon our return to Iverness.
- While we are awaiting our food’s arrival, we will hold a “clean out the closet” of door prizes from previous events not handed out, as well as donations of prizes provided by several club members! (see list after the picture below)
- After lunch, opportunity for a 2nd loop will be available, for those that want to.
- At the end of the 2nd loop & the official cruise, participants are able to take additional loops, in opposite direction for a different perspective, or to use last years Car & Driver test loop, on their own.
– (1) Medium maroon Cobra polo shirt (new – won as door prize at Gingerman)
– (2) Large white Mustang T-shirt (new – from Mustang Memories goody bag; one with the Since 1964 logo on the front upper left chest, & 2015 Mustang on the back)
– (Many!) Large white T-shirt with the horse and tri-bar logo on the left side front
– (1) Extra Large white 2004 Mustang Alley/Team Mustang T-shirt (new)
– (1) Extra Large “white” Ford Careers T-shirt (used)
– (1) Extra Large beige Fall Ford Classics T-shirt (new)
– (1) Carroll Collection blue aluminum can cooler (new & collectible!)
– (1 pr) black framed/blue temples plastic sunglasses (new)
– (4) 2016 GT350 (Street & R) poster
– (4) Original Venice Crew GT350 “mini” posters
– (3) helmet bags from (2) different brands – lightly used, & freshly washed (I get a new bag every time I get a new helmet, & this was the year for a new one)
– (2) large NPD decals
– (1) $25 O’Reilly’s Gift Card – donated by Cruisin’ Classics Insurance Agency
– (1) Nut Job – donated by Croftgate USA
– (1) 2016 Shelby GT350 sales brochure – pristine!
– (1) 2016 Roush Mustang sales Brochure, & Roush F150 sales card – both pristine
– (1) 1966 SVT Cobra sales card – pristine!
– (Grand Prize) new Cobra Registry book donated by Jeff Burgy (valued at $200!)
- Saturday, October 8 Mustangs & Shelby’s @ M1 Concourse. 12:30 – 3:30 PM. Cruise-in, followed by pace car lead parade laps for track familiarization!!
- See SAAC-MCR Facebook page Events section for more details!
EVENT CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER & LOW PREREGISTRATONS:
Sunday, October 2 SAAC-MCR Harvest Happening at Waterford Hills Road Course 8:00am to 5:00pm. Also includes a Fantasy Trans-Am race reenactment event. Clarkston, MI. Brought to you by SAAC-MCR. Registration:
- Monday, September 5 SAAC-MCR Labor Day Classic at Waterford Hills Road Course 8:00am to 5:00pm. Clarkston, MI. Brought to you by SAAC-MCR.
Wednesday, August 17 SAAC-MCR Woodward Pre-Dream Cruise event at Pasteiner’s Auto Hobby’s on Woodward just north of 14 Mile Road. 5PM until ??
2016 Show & Go 41
- Sunday, June 12 All Ford Show at Ford World Headquarters 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Michigan Ave East of Southfield Freeway. Brought to you by SAAC-MCR.
- Featuring: GT350 Reunion, Boss 302 Reunion, EcoBoost Extravagnza
50 Classes! A class for every Ford made & special Ford powered vehicles too!!
- Monday, June 13 Go 41 at Waterford Hills Race Course 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Clarkston, MI. Brought to you by SAAC-MCR.
- Thursday, June 23 to Saturday, June 25 SAAC 41 at Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course. For more information go to http://www.saac.com
- Sunday, April 17 National Mustang Day event:
Join us in celebrating the “birth” of the Mustang.
April 17th is the recognized birthday of the Mustang, since it was the day the Mustang was officially introduced to the public in 1964.
For this year, we have a series of Mustang centric events planned. We will start off with a gathering at Ford World Headquarters in Dearborn. A group photo op in front of the iconic Glass House will kick off our activities. The first 20 attendees will receive special “Mustang Day 2016” decals from Ford Performance. We will then begin our own version of Cruising Telegraph, driving westbound on Michigan Avenue, & then proceeding south on Telegraph Road to Mike Berardi’s private Mustang collection in Taylor. Enjoying all the Mustangs will be followed by lunch. The final leg of the Telegraph cruise will continue southbound, eventually winding up at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant – production plant for the current Mustang. One last photo op at FRAP, & we’ll turn the ponies loose to run free!
Schedule of Events*
10:00AM Round-up at Ford WHQ & photo op
10:30AM Depart WHQ
11:00AM Arrive at the Berardi Collection
1:00PM Depart Berardi’s for FRAP
1:30PM Arrive at FRAP & photo op
2:00PM Free range
(* note: all times are approximate & in 30 minute intervals for convenience)
- Sunday, March 6 Swap Meet at Gorno Ford 22025 Allen Rd. Woodhaven, MI 48183. 8:00am to 2:00pm. Brought to you by SAAC-MCR.