Gary Patterson, President, Shelby American Inc. will be our special guest speaker at our March Meeting.
Due to latest developments, but mostly since it’s too cold to meet outside.
We are going back to virtual meetings for a while.
Members: check your email for instructions to attend a Zoom Meeting, Thursday at 7:30PM
Since Little Daddy’s is back, and so are we. We will be meeting at 6:30PM. Wear your mask. Little Daddy’s Family Restaurant
Parking Lot – Bring your special vehicle
Food will be available for purchase 39500 Woodward Ave. Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
2021 SAAC-MCR Board of Directors
President: Dale Rabe (734) 891-8202
Vice president: Kenny Schabow
Treasurer: Craig Shefferly (248) 698-8825
Membership: Rich Tweedle (586) 791-0279
Editor: John Guyer (989) 588-0424
Tech Exchange & Competition: Phil Jacobs
Team Shelby News: Steve White
Advertising: Dale Rabe (734) 891-8202
SAAC National News: John Guyer (989) 588-0424
Read John Logan’s story of his first ride in a Ford.
I have for sale:
The Car Jacket is a big vinyl bag that you put your car in and zip it up, with the cover on it.
Was bought for a 2015 Mustang GT. Like new for $150.00
To see additional views of these cars, go to Show & Go 45 Virtual Show.
Update from HQ for SAAC 45
Well, the scales have finally tipped and we are announcing that the SAAC-45 National Convention on June 17-19 at Indy will be cancelled.
We truly have waited until the last possible moment to make this call… but the need to have a safe gathering with the quality of a National Event that we all expect has become impossible.
Let me share some of the facts that led to this decision. Indianapolis Motor Speedway is still in limbo as it relates to June events, although they have postponed the Indy 500 at the end of May. Our track partners at SVRA are still feeling a green light for their event on our weekend, but that is continually subject to the external rulings and decisions by the track and the state of Indiana.
The final nail for us to make this call came this week, in the form of official directives that would be a mandate for our event:
No spectators only registered participants. No spectators from SVRA/ Trans Am or SAAC
No dinner or banquet
No Social gatherings (our Night at the Museum)
Mandatory “social distancing”… 6 foot separation
Masks and gloves onsite required. Gloves – all staff. Masks – all staff
Shields – Registrars, Tech staff when conducting Tech inspections
At-Track Medical info done as part of registration process
No paper Event Programs or schedules to be distributed
No Driver or Car Show Packets will be handed out
No Face to Face Driver Meetings, Done via services like “Zoom” at pre-determined and published times
No food or concession services
…And on, and on and on.
With a different timeline and conditions, we might comply with some of these restrictions to go forward with the event… But looking at all of them, and realizing the risk and expense for our members to attend, it became obvious that this event would not be a fun one.
So, sadly, we have cancelled this event.
ALL preregistrations in place as of this date will be fully refunded with NO cancellation penalties.
We have officially closed the Motorsportsreg site from accepting any more transactions.
If you have already registered for the event, stand by for communications from SAAC HQ for details on your refunds; no action is required on your part.
So… what now?
Preliminary investigations are finding it very difficult to obtain an alternate track/venue date for later this year. You can imagine the number of larger events from Early Spring and Summer that need to reposition.
We are actively looking at alternatives that include joint efforts with local and regional events in the Fall.
Our intention is to do everything possible to not have 2020 pass by without a SAAC National-organized social event.
We will continue to inform the membership and fans officially though Member eBlasts, SAACForum posts and Facebook/Twitter as plans develop.
I am sure many more than your Directors are feeling sad about this… but safety, security and the ability to enjoy ourselves are mandatory factors that would be missing if we moved forward with a June date.